Tuesday, August 25, 2009

$100,000+ Misrepresentation and Theft -- Terry Larson's Story RE: Jaguar Central, Mike Cummins, Cheryl Cummins

Mike and Cheryl Cummins entered into an agreement with me to restore 2 XK140 roadsters to "99.6 JCNA standards". They assured me they had done many JCNA high point concours cars and were active, highly respected JCNA members. After 2 years of false promises, lack of performance & total aggrivation I gave up and got what was left of my 2 cars out of their shop. I had paid them $101,750.00.

What I got was one body in primer and the other body was sandblasted, badly rusted and in a pile barely rebuildable. They were both completely disassembled. Not only had very little been done for what was paid, but they also refused to return many major parts which were now "suddenly missing" from my cars. What WAS done was poor quality.

I have a 2 page list of missing items including some major parts like a convertible top bow assembly, side curtains, original tool roll, jacks & grease guns. They also refused to return new parts I purchased and had drop shipped to use on my car, they refused to pay me $1,874.48 they owe for parts they bought from me. They also refused to return an original paint chip book I loaned them to match paint on another car they were doing. I have many times, loaned this book to club members to insure they get the correct paint match. I will no longer be able to do this because of Mike and Cheryl Cummins.

No comments:

Post a Comment